I would like to thank all our previous years members for signing up for the 2023 season and give a big Welcome to the new members that have joined the RLMGA for this coming year. Although the weather this winter has had its warmer days, we have also had our colder and windy days as well, reminding us that it is still winter. I am sure everyone is ready to start up this new season as spring fills the air and we return to the warmer weather and sunny skies prominent in North Carolina.
Play starts on March 11th with our first tournament of the year: regular play dates start the following Tuesday on March 14th. We have a total of six tournaments scheduled for this year and, like you, I am excited to get this season started.
We also have three away dates planned for the coming year and I am sure you will enjoy the opportunity to play the courses that Tim Marcis has selected for us this year.
I want to thank my board members for the 2023 season.
Tim Marcis Vice President
Dan Kusnierz Secretary
Walt Dlugolecki Treasurer
Don Thomas Tournament Director
Frank Wolf Asst. Tournament Director
Rich Lutze & Harry MacLaughlin Members-at-Large
I am sure you will enjoy the games that are planned for this year, the beautiful courses and the wonderful conditions that we are so blessed with here at River Landing. Please have Fun, make more additional Friends, and enjoy the Camaraderie of your groups!
The River Landing Men’s Golf Association (RLMGA or MGA) was created in 2003 and as you can see from our slogan above, its sole purpose is to promote golf amongst the men of River Landing and surrounding communities. Our annual meeting will be held at 7PM on February 22nd in the clubhouse ballroom, with registration beginning at 6:30PM.
Our dues are $85 which includes six Saturday tournaments and lunch afterward, except for our season opener, the Breakfast Shamble scheduled for March 11th, which also includes breakfast sandwiches prior to play. Your dues also go toward prize money for the winners of each tournament.
Play dates start Tuesday March 14th. We typically have two play days per week, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Details are spelled out below. When you join the RLMGA, our Pro Shop staff will get you set up in Golf Genius which sends a sign-up call two weeks prior to a play day. You can always sign up by calling the Pro Shop prior to noon the day before a play day. You can learn your tee time for a play day by checking WebRes. The Pro’s can help you get registered for WebRes. Each time you play, you will be charged $5.00, most of which is paid out in prize money for that play day. Some money is reserved from each play day and is paid out during the biannual Pot of Gold, where all players win something.
On this site you’ll be able to find our Handbook and Bylaws (located on the RLMGA Executive Board page) as well as our Roster of members and “Winnings.” The results for each play day and tournaments are posted on the Tournament Director’s page.
We also have pages containing information on the “Pro Shop Staff” and see where our money goes on the “Treasurer’s Report” page.
We are here to help. If you are new to the RLMGA you can review the “Executive Board” members page and find their contact information on the “Roster” page. Any of us are willing to answer whatever questions you may have.
RLMGA Play for 2023
(1) On play days any suggestions about formats or improvements for pace of play etc. should be written on the back of the official scorecard to allow consideration by the Tournament Director and/or the MGA Board, if appropriate.
(2) For the 2023 season, every third Thursday of the month - from April to September - will be FUN DAY. This will allow MGA members to participate in new and unique events outside of the normal play day type of games. FUN DAYS will be identified on the GHIN on line sign up.
(3) For all MGA events in 2023 - play days and Saturday tournaments - there will be a team captain identified in each playing group. The team captain will be responsible for the Pace of Play as well as to keep the official scorecard (computer generated). In addition, the captain will select one other person in the group to keep a back up scorecard. The back up scorecard will be utilized to verify with the official scorecard each person’s official postable score for the day. This will hopefully alleviate the ongoing errors that the handicap committee continues to find with MGA scoring.
(4) For Saturday tournaments, we will be modifying starting hole locations as well as cart staging so that players who are the farthest from the clubhouse will get a head start on getting to their hole. This should help to improve Pace of Play. The deadline for signing up for Saturday tournaments will be 12 PM two days before (Thursday).
(5) Finally, the deadline for signing up for play days will be Noon the day before - Noon Monday for Tuesday play and Noon Wednesday for Thursday play. The pros will be making the pairings by 12:30 and the Tournament Director (TD) will be checking them about 3. They will go on the web after the TD has checked them.
Remember - You can’t win if you don’t play!