"Where River Landing Men meet to share a laugh, a beer, and some golf."
Help Us Close The Circle
We are getting close. We currently have 162 Members and 142 have paid their dues before the season start. Lets close that circle on the right and get 100% Dues Paid. For those members on the 2015 Roster who are unable to play this year, let us know.
RLMGA opens the 2015 Season with a Breakfast Shamble (4 man teams, pick best drive then play out own ball, 2 net scores). Come early, eat breakfast (Buffet and Omelet Station) and be ready to tee off by 9:30 AM.You can sign up at the Pro Shop or using GHIN.
Note of Importance
YOU MUST HAVEPAID YOUR 2015 DUES TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT.If you have not paid and intend to do so, please leave a check ($75.00) in Clubhouse.
See you next Saturday for Breakfast Tournament !!!!
First Away Trip
Location: MUNI in Wilmington - March 31, 2015 (9AM Shotgun Start) - $35 Including Cart - Sign-up is in the Pro Shop
We are scheduling MUNI early in our season to avoid big rush during summer. Larry has played updated MUNI and recommends it to us. Any interest in stopping afterwards for lunch together?
RLMGA Play for 2015
(1) On play days there will be a suggestion box placed in the clubhouse near where playday event scores are to be posted. The suggestion box will allow members to make comments about that day’s play which will be taken into consideration by the TD’s and the MGA board (if appropriate).
(2) For the 2015 season, every third Thursday of the month - from April to September - will be FUN DAY. This will allow MGA members to participate in new and unique events outside of the normal play day type of games. FUN DAYS will be identified on the GHIN on line sign up.
(3) For all MGA events in 2015 - playdays and Saturday tournaments - there will be a team captain identified in each playing group. The team captain will be responsible for the Pace of Play as well as to keep the official scorecard (computer generated). In addition, the captain will select one other person in the group to keep a back up scorecard. The back up scorecard will be utilized to verify with the official scorecard each person’s official postable score for the day. This will hopefully alleviate the ongoing errors that the handicap committee continues to find with MGA scoring.
(4) For Saturday tournaments, we will be modifying starting hole locations as well as cart staging so that players who are the farthest from the clubhouse will get a head start on getting to their hole. This should help to improve Pace of Play.
(5) Finally, the deadline for signing up for playdays will be at 2pm the day before - 2pm Monday for Tuesday play and 2pm Wednesday for Thursday play.
Remember - You can’t win if you don’t play!
For Different perspective on "Playing it Forward" Copy this YouTube video link to your web browser.